Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Eh? What was that you said?

Now, I know that I lost a great deal of my upper level hearing while dancing infront of the speakers at place called Mabel's back in my college days. And that radio played at 11 in my car probably didn't help. But I think I will be completely deaf sooner rather than later by having labradors bark in my ears.

This is the kind of thing you never think about when you write your business plan.

When you are bending over to pick up a slobber covered tennis ball to throw it for the eleventy billionth time, your ear is in perfect alignment with a dog's bark. Ouch.

Packer is the guilt party today, but there are others. They get so excited about chasing the ball again, that they bark to make you do it faster. It is not really an effective method since you have to jump back into your skin after each bark.

I was trying to defend my hearing, so I put my hand out to 'block' the bark as I picked up the ball. I could feel the sound vibrations in the palm of my hand. It's like those cars that pass with the radio so loud you can feel it in your chest.

That dog can really project.
That is it, Packer has a Mr. Limpet sound effect.

Have you ever seen the movie, 'The Incredible Mr. Limpet'? Don Knots is transformed into a animated fish complete with glasses and still looking a lot like Don Knots. As a fish, Mr. Limpet can make this amazingly loud sound that helps the Allied forces against the German submarines during WWII. (Great movie, haven't seen it in year, will have to add it to my Amazon wish list.)

If only we could harness Packer's power for good.

No comments: