Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sorry to Break Up the Party

I thought I disturbed the deer's fun last night when I headed out to put the doggies away. I spotted 4 deer on the far side of the horse pasture, and they definitely spotted me. I was trying to sneak quietly away when I spotted a huge deer in the back yard, about 20 feet away from me. It is nice to see how much weight they have put back on after such a long hard winter.

I did my doggie duty and was headed back to the house when I walked right into the big get together. There was one deer standing in front of my steps, two or more on the far side of my car and at least 6 eating the grass on the side of the driveway. Man, it all shook loose when they heard me. Reminded me of how fast a house can empty of teenagers when mom comes home a bit too early.

No comments: