Friday, April 02, 2010

Mourning an Old Friend

Some good friends of ours have lost their precious dogs, Pecos. He was a real sweetheart and I can just picture him napping in the sun on the sidewalk in front of their house.

I thought I'd share a few Pecos stories.

I haven't gotten to babysit Pecos lately. As he got older, he went to Grandma's house and got even more spoiled than staying here. I missed him but, I can't really blame him, Grandma's house is where I would want to stay.

The first time Pecos stayed here, while the grown-ups were getting him tucked in, their kids piled out of the car. Can't blame them, my front yard was strewn with a large assortment of toys left by my kids. In turn, my kids piled out of the house and the rest is history. They were matched sets for ages and are still good friends.

The first time, I was invited to their house, I managed to scare everyone brainless. I let myself in the gate, did some scratching on Pecos and walked up to the front door and knocked. No one has ever gotten to the front door without Pecos announcing their presence, before. I was greeted with, "You have a great future in cat burglary in Helper."

You will be greatly missed, Pecos. Say "Hi!" to my girls when you get to Doggie Heaven!

No comments: