Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Hate Spring!

And no it is not because the temperature just decided to head back into winter.

This happens every Spring and every Spring it catches me off guard. When am I going to remember and be prepared for this! Once again I find myself pacing around the play yard asking the dogs, "Have you all lost your furry little minds!?"

And the answer is YES they have.

It is Spring and the dogs have all had the volume turned up on their aggression. I have dogs threatening to dismember each other that would normally have a grand ole time together. Ugh, I hate Spring. Big or little, male or female - it doesn't matter. There has been more growling and snapping in the past week than in the past 6 months.

I had a policeman tell me there are more dog bites in the Spring than in the rest of the year. I believe him. I am the one that was completely terrorized by a Shitzu this weekend. She was very small and very mad and was not going to let me open her door. I persisted, I just couldn't leave her stuck inside all day. I used the tennis racket technique I got off the Dog Whisper, and kept her at bay while I pulled the door. I had to laugh at myself later. My heart was beating so hard and I was so scared of such a little dog.

Everything is funny as long as you make it back out of the run with everything intact.

No comments: