Monday, April 16, 2007

I Felt Like Hercules Fighting the Hydra

I think I have my metaphor right. Every time he cut off one of the Hydra's 6 heads another 6 would grow to replace it.

When Bo went home a little early yesterday, I thought, "Great, no more non-stop petting."

I could not have been more wrong. I actually had it pretty good over the weekend having to pet Bo ALL the time and Harley just MOST of the time. Two hands, two dogs works.

After Bo left, Flip and Yanni also went home. So the dinnertime play time, was going to be pleasant and easy - just Lucky, Murphy, and Harley - this should be fun. Oh no, it seems that they were all just waiting their turns. Lucky doesn't want to play ball. (Clearly a sentence I thought I would never write.) He just wants to be loved on. So does Murphy and he is particularly demanding. He pushes against me and shoves the other dogs away. But I am trying to hold my footing and pet both Murphy and Lucky at the same time, when Harley strolls over and want part of the action.

It is not humanly possible to pet three dogs at the same time and make them all happy. So I abdicated and went to scoop poop.

Wish me luck this morning, I am going to need it. That or I have to grow a third arm in the next 5 minutes.

No comments: