Friday, January 05, 2007

My New Toy


I got a pedometer for Christmas. Yes, I too saw that Oprah episode with Dr. Oz and his new diet book. He has a plan for getting rid of stomach weight and I would love for it to actually work. Part of the plan is to increase how much exercise you get and that is where the pedometer comes in. His plan suggests that you need to increase the amount you walk to 10,000 steps per day.

Meanwhile, I had finished the Dog Whisperer's book and was feeling pretty guilty about not taking my dogs for their walks anymore. Cesar make this point over and over in that book, your dog needs more exercise than love. And face it, I need more exercise than cookies, but that ratio has been reversed for years.

So, when the kids went back to school, I headed out with the dogs. I have managed to do 4 days in a row - so far so good.

No comments: