Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spring Forward, Fall Back...

And everyone gets to be a sleep deprived zombie for a couple of days.

Dogs and kids don't get the time change. My dogs get up by the sun and not the clock. This was really a problem at our first house. It was at the top of a hill and I swear we got daylight at 4 am in the summer. Now we live in the mouth of a canyon and we never get a sunrise before 6am. Or maybe the dogs have just gotten old like me and are just more interested in sleeping in than greeting the day.

This morning I got up at my regular hour, thanks to the un-snoozable alarm that is Vector. But I didn't have to go down to the dogs until 8am. Which was really the usual time, but made me feel decadent and lazy without any actual neglecting any of my charges.

I must be the only person that enjoys the first day of daylight savings time.

1 comment:

anonymous jones said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! I like your photos, ever had any Irish Setters? Best dogs ever!

Come visit me, anytime!