Sunday, April 30, 2006

That's a lot of dog food.

I think I have now served the biggest doggie dinner in the history of the ranch. A very nice Great Dane named Maddie just had 6 cans of dog food for dinner.

Normally, dinnertime is a barky time inside the kennel building. Last night when I lined up those 6 cans and started opening them, it was perfectly silence. You could hear the doggie math going on in those 9 furry heads, "That has got to be at least two cans for each of us." Dogs are not known for their math skills.

I had to serve dinner in two bowls, that is another first.

But I do have to add, that Maddie may be a big eater, but she still has a lovely figure.

2 comments:

Cairo The Boxer said...

WOW 6 cans! The most I have had in a sitting is 5. But after all I am just a boxer not a great dane. I guess that is where the Great comes from.

Cairo The Boxer said...

WOW 6 cans! The most I have had is 4 but I am just a boxer. Not a GREAT dane. I guess that is where the GREAT comes from.