Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Lullabies for Doggies?

The Salt Lake Trib had an article about a CD of lullabies for dogs. It made me think about that dog laughter researcher. I checked out the lullaby site. What they have done is create music over the sound of a heartbeat. It works for babies (Too bad I can't try it out on my son - got up every two hours for more than two years. He would have been the ultimate testing.), so they tried it on dogs.

I still like the dog laughter idea better, because playing lullabies non-stop at the kennel might calm the nuisnace barkers, but it will definitely send me screaming into the night.

I emailed the woman doing the laughter research and asked for a recording. I think she could have a platium record on her hands. And I know my neighbors would appreciate it.

No comments: