Friday, April 14, 2006

Piddle Happens..to Me!

Well, Gus must have been really happy to see me. When I picked him up, he peed all over my lap. The one thing I learned with motherhood, all the stuff your kids get on you washes off. Well, most anyway.

My biggest worry was that once Gus did it, everyone else would feel obligated to over-mark me.


This is where is gets a little gross, so if you still have the ability to be grossed out. Stop Here.

I lost my ability to be grossed out after I had kids. Changing diapers, being thrown up on, cleaning up blood, all in a mom's day. You don't even think about it. None of the moms do. No one likes barf, right. The smell alone will make you want to add to the mess. But not a mom, the first reaction to a sick little kids is to cup her hands under their mouths. If this doesn't prove that your mother will love you no matter what awlful things you might do; I don't know what will.

It is my personal theory that the reason we have our husbands in the delivery room is not to stand up in the stirrups and yell, "You will never be naked in my presence again!" It is to let them in on the un-told yuckiness that is parenthood.

When my children were about 6 and 4, my husband mentioned to me that, "I didn't want to say anything at the time, but the birth was pretty gross." Gee, do you think. It's not like pregnancy was 9 months of your body finding new and imaginative ways to gross you out.

I like to tell doggie moms and dads, when they are expecting their first REAL kid, that they will do just fine, the dog has already taught them that they can love something that make disgusting messes.

No comments: