Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Dog's Mom, The Dog's Dad

There is a lot of us out there. Those dog owner who consider and call the dog their child. Doggie Moms and Dads.

I found one while on the pursuit of sticking a picture at the top of this page.

My son

Check it out, he has a very cute four legged son, and the dog now has an adorable baby sitter, as well.

To all the moms and dads that started with dogs, I say, 'Bravo!' and that if you did a good job raising the dog, you are ready for the baby.

People will laugh and tell you that having dogs is nothing like having kids. They are not nearly as right as they think. Parenting is parenting, and dog are kids. I know there are a number of differences…like paying for obedience training but never having to pop for out of state college tuition. My dogs will never need just the right shoes, and though they whine for bread and bacon, they will never bug me for a Malibu Barbie or a Power Ranger. And as for the nitty-gritty stuff, scooping poop is tedious and stinky, but it is never as up close and personal as a diaper change. And no matter how hard it was to house break the dog, potty training will give you fond memories of it.

I am working on a guide for all those doggie Moms and Dads to help them thru the transistion from Fido to Junior. The working title is My Big Sisters are Labradors. I am hoping this blog generates a few more chapters so I can finish it up. Wish me luck!

No comments: