Monday, October 02, 2006

This is 'Blue Dog'


Blue Dog is the probably the most precious thing in the whole house after the kids and the real dogs. It the one thing I would have to run back into a burning house to retrieve.

Blue Dog started as a joke from my older brother. I sent my business cards out with the Christmas cards in 2002. My logo is a blue dog. Our 'Blue Dog' showed up in the Christmas package from Seattle that year. My daughter was 4 and my son 2 that year and he just latched onto that stuff animal.

This toy was promptly dubbed 'Blue Dog'. My kids are not creative on the naming thing, we also have a 'Pink Bear' and 'Mr. Fish'. My son still calls this place The Blue Dog Ranch.


Blue Dog goes everywhere with us. He has been on car trips and on more airplanes that any other dog I know. He never travels in the checked luggage and is never left in the car overnight.

I live in fear of losing Blue Dog. I have been checking eBay for his litter mates for 4 years. No luck so far, yet I am sure Pottery Barn made more than one Blue Dog. I keep picturing thousands of mom's searching for the elusive back-up Blue Dog for their kid just like me.


By the way, Blue Dog is sporting a fabulous open weave, dinosaur print, long john onesies that both of my kids worn as babies. I have it in red also, well the stuffed dogs do.

No comments: