Friday, January 06, 2006

I want you to meet Roxy.

Roxy is one of my regulars. She is a boxer. She like to play soccer with me and can actually play soccer with a tennis ball all by herself. And she has a 'thing' about gloves.

As in, "LOOK! glove! eat it! eat it! eat it!"
Which always leads to me trying to pull my hand out of her mouth yelling, "LOOK! hand! hand! hand!"

I understand that she feels the same way about socks. At home, she pulls off socks the moment anyone take off their shoes.

Now I can use the glove thing to my advantage. I have thrown a glove into her kennel to get her to go in. She doesn't chew on it at all - she just doesn't want me to wear it.


Regardless of her glove fetish, I will always have a soft spot for Roxy. I think it was her second visit with us. Roxy got dropped off a few minutes after 7am. She was handed off to my husband in the driveway as her parent's drove to the hospital for the birth of Roxy's baby brother. Baby brother number two is due to arrive next Friday. So, we are ready for the doggie hand off again.

No comments: