Wednesday, May 31, 2006

What is in a Name?

After the excess of Maggies this weekend I decided to look for that article on dog names that I tore out of the newspaper.

Most popular dog names of 2005, according to the Veterinary Pet Insurance Co.:

1 Molly
Only one for me, but this was the name of the first dog I ever babysat.

2 Maggie
More than I can count.

3 Daisy
About 4 of those

4 Lucy
Not a one.

5 Sadie
I think this is actually the most popular of my clients.

6 Ginger
One of those, but she was a no show for her reservation, so I can't count her as one of my clients.

7 Chloe
Only one.

8 Bailey
Nope, but there is one in my son's school class.

9 Sophie
Just one of those, too.

10 Zoe
Two, I think and one is here right now, but she spells it Zoey.

Someday, I am going to type all of my dog info into a database and get organized. Then I can have an official head count. But these do prove my point about dog names: once a human name is considered old fashioned, it becomes a popular dog name. Works for the boys, too. But that is another post alltogether.

No comments: