Sunday, July 01, 2007

A Taste of Her Own Medicine

Lucinda has finally been out Lucinda'ed.

We finally have a dog bigger, bouncier, and more persistent than Lucinda. A standard sized poodle named Chico. It is funny to watch Lucinda suffer from a dog that is playing a bit to rough and won't get the message that she would much rather be playing with BB.

Unfortunately, irony is lost on dogs.

They are very much like the average toddler who will wail when another kids comes up and swipes his toys, but fails to see the problem in his own bad behavior when he does the same thing.

That level of self awareness must show up in kids around age 4 or 5. I can't quite remember when my kids finally got the concept that if I don't like it happening to me, I shouldn't do it to others. I have never seen a dog get that message.

The other dogs do seem to have a sense of 'just deserts' as they seem to really be enjoying watching Lucinda getting some.

No comments: