Saturday, January 27, 2007

So is This Going to be a Fast Day or a Slow One?

I have been doing my walks, I have been wearing my pedometer and what I have learn is that I do not run at the same speed each day.

It feels like I am walking at the same pace, but the pedometer does not lie. I walk the same route and one day it took 20 minutes, today it was 15 and the one day I got to go when it was warm and without my heavy coat it was only 13 minutes.

So my plan is to spend January getting into the habit of walking and trying for the 10,000 steps a day. I vary from as high as 12,000 to about 4,000. For February I am going to try to keep up the walking but try for a better pace. I have to get myself some better shoes first.

And if I can do that, in March, I might even try Dr. Oz's diet. That might be the straw that breaks this camel's back.

No comments: