Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Have you survived The High Holy Day of Refined Sugar?

We had an all day candy based frenzy around here. Except for me, who is diligently trying to stay on a no sugar diet. Let just say that I went as Grumpy for Halloween.

Now, you don't have to stay out of the kid's candy but do keep Fido out of it. Chocolate is not poisonous to dogs - it just ups their heartrate and blood pressure. For some smaller dogs that is enough to give them a heart attack. Not my dogs, though. Vector once ate 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies in the middle of the night and we only found out when she didn't eat her breakfast in the morning.

Be careful and go ahead keep all the chocolate for yourself - you are just doing it to protect the doggies.

No comments: